Air Filtration MaterialsTechnology #16079n
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
Alarming levels of particulate matter pollution in air pose a serious health threat in several countries, therefore intriguing a strong need for an economic and a viable technology of air filtration. Current air purification technology is rather expensive with certain types even having the risk of emitting hazardous by-products.
* A multifunctional air filter which is able to trap/exhale the foreign particles and allergens( PM 2.5 and PM 10) while still possessing high air permeability.
- *The developed filters can be used for personal face masks and window based air filter as a standalone device for achieving healthier indoor living environment.NUS materials
A nanofiber technology which enabling:
* Capturing of harmful PM 2.5 particles and PM 10 particles and simultaneously provides shielding from harmful UV radiations.
* Low pressure drop- allow one to breathe easily
* Low cost fabrication process
Other Potential Application
* Air filtration materials for automobile applications
Commercial face mask
SEM images of nanofibers
For more information, contact:
NUS Industry Liaison Office :+65 6516 7175 : email@example.com : www.r2m.nus.edu.sg
PI’s contactAssist Prof Tan Swee Chingmsetansc@nus.edu.sg